Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fourth of July/Birthday Boy!

It was really nice to get to spend the 4th/Daniel's birthday with my family this year. We were able to attend the parade and then head back to my sister's for the bbq afterward. Daniel kept talking about what an awesome birthday it was which was great.  A happy birthday boy makes his momma's heart happy!

My sister had us all doing hand cranked ice cream. I'm sure it would have been really yummy if it had worked out but it never solidified! Honestly I don't think anyone really minded. It was fun to just hang out and be together, with the novelty of hand cranking the ice cream thrown in.







Check out those cheeks!


Daniel got a couple of things he'd really been wanting such as a digital watch and a calculator.  Also some role-playing books from a kid's series that he loves.  And all the dice he could possibly need to go along with them!


Afterwards the cousins enjoyed some quality wii time.  Daniel looks so happy there!


Ah yes, the rope swing!  One of my favorite memories of the day was when my sister-in-law Molly and I sang the Star Spangled Banner for each kid's turn, to keep things fair (there was quite a line).  We were ashamed that we couldn't remember quite all the lyrics in their correct order.  Joshua was able to help us out, so I feel partially exonerated since at least my son knew our nation's anthem. 
 

Daniel got to open presents at Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen's too, lucky guy! 


Happy birthday, Daniel!  You are a special boy and our family would not be the same (or nearly as interesting!) without you.  Thank you for sharing your talents with us, they bring us lots of joy!  We'll always be here for you, cheering you on and for whatever else you may need.  Thank you for being ours!

p.s. thank you so much for sharing your pictures Mom!  I am still kicking myself for forgetting my camera!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Happy birthday! It looks like a magical time!

12/10/2013 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home