Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Paint Job

It's been a couple of months now but back in January we got our master bedroom and bathroom painted and I wanted to document it here.  The story behind why we did it is long and boring and makes me look kind of bad so I'll spare you the details ;)  Suffice it to say we like it lots better now and are happy with the result.

It was quite the process picking just the right shades; one for the bedroom, one for the bathroom, one for the ceiling.  We tried a total of 15 colors which I think meant at least 4 or 5 trips to the paint store:


For the bedroom we ended up picking the shade that was my second favorite, we were worried my very favorite would be too dark (here in Oregon it's a good idea to keep things light).  I'm feeling wistful about my favorite but am loving the light airy feel the one we ultimately chose provides:

 


For the bathroom area we opted to go with what was basically the same color, just a shade lighter (it was one level up on the color card).  It works very, very well in this space and I think we picked the best color we could have here.  It creates a warm, soothing feel:

  


3 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Nice pictures -- I live there, and I'm still jealous!

We had the bathroom done too, in a slightly different color. It works really well.

4/05/2012 7:58 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Shoot! I forgot to mention about the different color for the bathroom -- I'll have to go fix that. Thanks for pointing that out!

4/05/2012 9:31 PM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

Beautiful! It looks so fresh and peaceful.

4/06/2012 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home