Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Joshua's Birthday - Friend's Par-tay

Throwing a birthday party for a nine-year-old boy is a lot of fun!  We had a house full of 11 boys on Friday night (including our own four) and I am still basking in the glow and energy that they provided in abundance.  And Jake and I are still high-fiving that we pulled it all off!


Upon arrival we hired each boy as a Lego designer and had him work on a creation while we waited for everyone (and the pizza!) to arrive.  Each guest came up with something unique and awesome, of course. I took a picture of each designer with his creation and emailed it to his parents afterward. Here are the ones I would have emailed to myself!



Pizza!

Designing Pokemon cards:


This picture is fairly representative of what things looked like in between the planned activities.  The boys quickly and easily fell in to a game of their own creation which was great, but I suppose I should have let the parents know that we would be providing arms to each guest:



I love seeing Caden playing with a tractor in the background of this one!  I know this is Joshua's birthday party post but since he loves Caden so fiercely I don't think he'll mind my saying how much I love seeing our littlest guest in the background of so many of these pictures!  It's really fun to see Caden thoroughly enjoying the party and hanging with all the guys in his own baby way!  Too cute!




Here's the game we ended with while waiting for parents to arrive.  It involved a coat worn backwards, socks worn over the hands, a butter knife & fork and a chocolate bar:

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

A special thank you to my sister Tracy for the ideas behind two of our activities; design-your-own Pokemon card and the chocolate bar game!

3/28/2012 2:23 PM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

Glad it was a good time! The boys are showing such restraint in that last photo- that game is usually a mad house.

3/28/2012 6:41 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Tracy, Joshua was the first one to go, so they were just getting warmed up. The kids sitting placidly have already rolled the die, maybe you can see it's already made it around to the boy in the blue striped shirt. Things did get a little more rambunctious as it went on, but it never got too crazy, I was glad for that!

3/29/2012 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home