Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Friday, March 30, 2012

My Birthday!

And thus it ends, this March Madness of birthdays for our family, with my birthday on the 27th.  This was our first year celebrating all three March birthdays and I have to say we had a blast.  Sure it was stressful at times, like the one night I didn't get home from birthday shopping for Joshua & Caden until 11pm and then Jake and I had to stay up 'til past midnight wrapping the gifts on a school night, or when I was given one week notice to prepare my first ever Relief Society lesson in the middle of all this.  But overall it has been such a fun time for our family and what a great reason to party and celebrate multiple times in under 2 weeks!

To kick things off for my birthday some friends took me out the week before for dessert at Papa Haydn's.  This was our second time there and I have a feeling it won't be our last.  I love going out with these ladies!  We talked and laughed 'til way past closing on our first time around, but Papa Haydn's was very gracious (and delicious!) and I highly recommend it to anyone in the Portland area.

On the actual day of we got to wake up to birthday muffins a good friend had dropped by.  They were delicious and disappeared unbelievably fast. All the boys were home for spring break so we spent a leisurely morning and then met Jake for the lunch buffet at Round Table.  It is hardwired into my genetics, I love Round Table pizza and this particular location is so family friendly it's not even funny.  I brought plenty of quarters and the boys spent most of their time at the arcade in the back between bites of pizza. 



Check out Lucas' stash! He won all of this from the claw game over at the arcade (oy!). I didn't know a 3-year-old could work those things, but apparently lots goes on at that arcade while Jake and I talk and enjoy our pizza.

 

Jake came home from work with the chocolate cake and Baskin Robbins I had requested (thanks so much Jake!) and I opened my presents:


Lucas was my official gift-getter, a responsibility he took very seriously.  Maybe a little too seriously; he also designated himself my official gift-opener:


After our little shindig at home Jake took me to see Hunger Games.  We go out a lot but a birthday date is just that much more celebratory!


I feel kind of self-congratulatory doing a birthday post about myself, but I decided to swallow it and just go ahead since we had such a blast as a family and I want to be able to remember and look back on the great string of partying we got to do this March! Treasured memories for sure and I truly appreciate everyone who went out of their way to help me feel special and loved.  My husband and children, family and friends sure know how to spoil a gal!

2 Comments:

Blogger Linn said...

Happy Birthday Leslie and I'm so glad you did this post! It didn't sound self-congratulatory, but grateful and happy! I love it. Glad it was a great one!

3/30/2012 7:11 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Thanks so much Linn! And thanks for sharing that it was my happiness and gratitude that shone through, that makes me feel great!

4/01/2012 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home