Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mystery solved?

Daniel has had an aversion to shirts with buttons for quite some time now (sorry, I know that's the second time I've linked to that post recently). He doesn't even like it when he notices someone else wearing a shirt that has buttons. It's a bummer since I think little boys look adorable in button up and polo type shirts. It makes getting dressed for church a real challenge -- he wears his black turtleneck a lot, cute little beatnik that he is. Also, somehow Jake convinced him that wearing a sweater over a shirt with buttons isn't so bad, since the buttons are covered and all.

Anyway, this morning Daniel noticed that Lucas had been dressed in a shirt with buttons.

"Why is Lucas wearing a shirt with buttons?" he asked suspiciously.

"Because most people think shirts with buttons are fine," I replied.

I decided to try and dig a little; "Daniel, why don't you like buttons?"

"Because they have awful circles."

I wasn't sure I had heard him correctly, so I tried to clarify with,

"So you don't like buttons because they're circles?"

"No, I like circles. Buttons have awful circles."

Okay. Apparently the fact that they "have threads in them" contributes to their awfulness too. I guess I kind of know how he feels. A male relative of mine had a couple pairs of plaid pants that used to scare me when I was a kid. Well, maybe they just scare me in retrospect (ha ha -- pun intended).

2 Comments:

Blogger Amberly said...

I'm glad you left a comment on our blog so I could see your blog. It's fun to read about your cute boys. I think your baby is so beautiful!

4/19/2009 9:21 AM  
Anonymous mommckune said...

Hey! Those plaid pants were once all the rage!

4/21/2009 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home