Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeding the ducks -- and a happy birthday!

Friday was my birthday I decided that it would be fun to take the boys to the lake by the library to feed the ducks and then pop over to check out some new books. We ended up having a great time and it felt great to be outdoors even though this winter refuses to end (since when is it still cold by my birthday?! Oh right -- since we moved away from San Diego).


Don't we have a pretty park by our library?

Off to do some exploring

Hunting for acorns in their favorite spot

Anyway, it ended up being a very nice, calm, low-key day which is exactly what I had been hoping for. After our outing, Jake came home from work and we went out for pizza at Round Table (my very favorite, except the crust was too doughy this time -- et tu, Round Table?). Then we came back for presents, cake and ice cream.

Speaking of presents, I am typing this on my new cute li'l netbook Jake got for me. I LOVE it! It is perfect for my computer needs, the perfect size, and I don't have to fight for computer time anymore!

My sister-in-law Erin created this cherished work of art she and Adam sent me (she paired it with an awesome frame, but I just couldn't get a good shot of it)

My parents sent me some fun in a box!

And take a look at this gorgeous bouquet that arrived at my doorstep. It is from Jake's parents and his brother Alec. It brought me quite a bit of cheer!

3 Comments:

Blogger Palomo said...

Happy Birthday, Leslie. I'm sending some San Diego sunshine your way. (It's supposed to get up to 89 today!)

(((hugs))),

Stephanie

4/19/2009 9:19 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Happy Birthday, Leslie!! If it makes you feel better, the weather is still pretty cold and gloomy here, too. Don't let all those San Diegans get you down ;) I'm so glad you had a nice day!

4/19/2009 2:22 PM  
Blogger Linn said...

Happy Birthday Leslie! Yes, those of us who lived in San Diego will never be the same. I try to warn everyone I know, "Don't move to San Diego if you ever plan to move away."

4/21/2009 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home