Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dinner by Twilight

Leslie and I had a wonderful date tonight, our last before the baby is born (any day now - please!). We went to dinner at On the Border, which recently opened merely a block from where I work. You can order "Guacamole Live" as an appetizer and they make it right in front of you, so you know it can't be fresher and you get to see what goes into it. Yum!

Then we finally caught the movie Twilight while it was still in theaters. Leslie wanted to see it in the theater and we didn't have time until the bad weather hit and we couldn't go. I figured it would be okay for me to go since it would be obvious to everyone there that I was there to be with Leslie, and I reinforced my masculinity earlier today by replacing the fill valve in our half-bath toilet (and it only cost $7!). Tomorrow I will recover by fixing our front door kick plate and working on our garage door opener, which is not sensitive enough for our tastes.

Actually, I enjoyed the movie. Some parts were good, and most of the bad parts were bad in a funny way so it was generally entertaining. Wait, what am I saying? I need to get to that kick plate...

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristy said...

I am anxious to hear if you had a New Year's Baby! I read your blog faithfully but never leave comments, so I just thought you should know we are thinking of you! Colby took me to see Twilight, too. He laughed through most of it. I enjoyed it, but have to admit I was disappointed with the special effects. Even I was laughing. We went to Utah for Christmas. We got tons of snow. Our kids loved it but it is kind of good to be back in the land of sandals and light jackets. Good luck with the baby!

1/05/2009 11:09 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Ah, a long-time-reader-first-time-commenter! Thanks for your comment and update.

We don't have a new baby yet, but we would like it to come as soon as possible.

It sounds like we had the same reactions to Twilight; I also laughed at a lot of it and Leslie was disappointed by the special effects (and the casting).

1/06/2009 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home