Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it Snow!

As I opened the blinds this morning and got breakfast for the boys, I noticed the leaves on the ground in the backyard looked a little white. After squinting at them a bit, I decided it was frost - they said it would be COLD this weekend, and snow down to 700 feet. The boys had just barely started breakfast when Joshua yelled out, "IT'S SNOWING!!!" Since they grew up in San Diego, I wasn't sure either boy would recognize it, but they sure learned fast. They were glued to the windows in front:


After getting dressed, we went to play outside:


The boys had a great time and we built a little snowman, "Snowy":



The snow was already melting by the time we got ready for church, but then it snowed even more during church, and by the time we got home there was a lot more to play in:



I built a second snowman, and I could actually make the balls by rolling them over the snow-covered grass. The boys threw snowballs, made snow angels, and had a great time until they decided they were too cold to continue. It feels weird to be living in the snow, but I enjoy it because it doesn't stick around too long here. And I can easily work from home.

If only I hadn't left my winter coat at my parents' house in the Bay Area...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home