Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Kindergarten Homework

Joshua had an assignment for kindergarten to tell about what he wants to be when he grows up. The teacher gave several examples to get them started, "Abby wants to be a firefighter, Jason wants to train dolphins" etc. The children were supposed to either find a picture to cut out or draw a picture of what they want to be when they grow up. Joshua didn't hesitate for a second before deciding he wants to be a daddy when he grows up, and this is the picture he included for the assignment. It's so sweet because Joshua often talks about wanting to be a daddy, and how he wants to live next door to us when he's all grown up, and how he'll come over and tell us when his "mommy" is going to have a baby. It's too sweet! While I'm at it, his plan to find a "mommy" (wife) is for us to drive him to college and when we let him out of the car, he'll start looking for someone he can be friends with and get married to (as his mother, I'm starting to get teary-eyed here...). He has definitely inherited what I like to call his "gentle soul" from his father. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to be a daddy when he grows up, given the awesome role model he has. Before we had kids I knew Jake would make a fine dad, but I had no idea how amazing he would really be at it. I am constantly amazed and grateful. I would love nothing more than for my sons to be just like their dad when they grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home