Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Woefully behind

As you may have noticed, we have been terrible about updating this blog as of late. There has just been so much going on in our lives that we haven't even had a chance to blog about it! But it's all good stuff and an update on the big events is in order.

First of all, Jake is finishing up his PhD and has accepted a job in Hillsboro, Oregon with a company called Synopsys. This is a great opportunity for him as it will be an excellent match for his training and skills. I'm not even going to try to describe what this company does as it is very high-tech and to be honest, I don't quite understand it myself (Jake says look here and here).

As detailed in my previous post, Jake and I had a wonderful time up in Oregon last week on a house hunting trip and bought a home that we can't wait to move our family into. After six long years we are absolutely itching to be done with graduate student housing!

And last but certainly the most exciting of all is that we are expecting our third baby! Our new addition is due around the end of the year/beginning of next year and we'll be sure and let everyone know when we find out if we are having another wonderful little boy of if a girl will be joining us this time. I know, I know, this piece of news really deserved its own post -- I even penned a cute little poem to use as an announcement, but it just didn't happen. Most of you probably know about this already but for those of you who didn't, thank you for giving me one more chance to share the happy news!

So there you have it; I think we're all updated for now. We will be moving mid-August and starting new adventures up in Oregon. We are so excited to be going where it is so green and I am even looking forward to the rain (it never rains here in San Diego). Joshua will be starting kindergarten in the fall, and it feels so good to actually know which school he will be attending so that I can register him. So many things that have been question marks for so long have now been turned in to exclamation points as in, "Jake got a job in Oregon! We bought a house in Hillsboro!" I'm sure you get the idea!

7 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Wow!! Congratulations to you all. What a lot of exciting news. I'm very happy for you!

7/17/2008 6:04 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats on #3! How exciting that you're buying a house! It's so pretty- thanks for sharing pictures of your new, future home!!!

7/17/2008 3:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That's awesome Leslie. I've been in Portland for 4 years now, and will be there for at least another year (but more than likely a few more years). Lindy and Angel Shugart are up there too. Small world!

7/18/2008 1:21 AM  
Blogger Debby said...

Congratulations! I'm so excitd for you! Your house is SOO Wonderful! You deserve that! You'll have to let me know how the rain is. I hear it just drizzles most of the time - not really downpours. It sounds like fun weather to me. It will be fun to actually HAVE weather for a change - I think. I liked having weather for about the 1st month after we moved - but then after 3 plus months of snow and cold - that was enough. :) Congrats on the job and home and baby!

7/19/2008 3:57 PM  
Blogger A | E said...

I've been waiting for the baby post so I could congratulate you guys publicly! Congratulations!

7/21/2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger kim said...

Congralations on everything! That house looks gorgeous and what a great time to have a new baby (not that anytime wouldn't be great, but you know what I mean :)) We're really excited for you guys.

~Kim and Steve

7/23/2008 4:53 PM  
Blogger Zwinggi Zoo said...

Holy Cow Les! What a lot of news! When it rains it pours. I'm so excited for you!

8/21/2008 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home