Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Monday, April 14, 2008

That's a good question...

Today Joshua asked me, "Why does a unicycle have no handles?" I wasn't sure what to tell him, but I suggested that perhaps it's because there wouldn't be room for handles like a bicycle has. After thinking about it a for a little while though, I now find myself wondering, "why doesn't a unicycle have handles?" I actually think it's a pretty neat idea (and it makes for a pretty funny mental image!). I'm sure if I did even a small amount of research I would find out that the mechanics of it would be impossible. Well, I don't have time to research it out, only time to do a quick little blog post:).

3 Comments:

Blogger Lars Lottrup said...

Well, they DO come with handle bars. I do have that on two of my unicycles. They are both 36" wheels, so rather big.
Here you see a picture of it:
http://unisalg.dk/images/cykler/road-race/Nimbus36-2008.jpg

It is a great help for riding up steep hills and when riding really far (50-100 km a day) you can lean on the handle.

Lars Lottrup
_______________________
www.UniSalg.dk - The European Unicycle Shop in Denmark
23 years of unicycling and 17 years of performing

4/15/2008 1:44 PM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

Wow! Your very own expert!

4/16/2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Thank you, Lars! Whould've guessed? Well, you learn something new every day!

4/16/2008 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home