Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swim Lessons


The boys have been taking swim lessons for about a month now and I wanted to post some pictures. They absolutely love being in the water and have already made lots of progress. I did a lot of research and found a swim school that we are really happy with. Among the reasons I love it are they were totally willing to take both my boys at the same time (which is huge -- none of the other pools would do that!), they keep a maximum ratio of 3 students to one teacher, and it's an indoor, well-heated, saline pool. Also, notice the metal table in the water the kids are standing on. I thought this was an ingenious idea! The kids don't have to cling to the wall while the teacher is working with another student -- it's so much more comfortable for them. Small details like that make a real difference!



A friend of ours from preschool recommended it, as she has had her boys attending there since they were infants, and I in turn recommended it to another friend who enrolled her girls. They have their lessons on the same day and time as us, so it's lots of fun!



I have to say that it has been a surreal experience for me to watch my kids having swim lessons, especially at first. I taught swim lessons for so many years as a teenager, and I guess I just never pictured myself being on the "other side" as a parent. But surrealism aside, it is immensely satisfying to watch them learning and growing and having so much fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger lucy said...

that's sounds like fun, which reminds me I need to get on the band wagon

5/23/2008 10:58 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Fun - I'd love to get my kids in lessons. It's so hard working full time... everything is during the work day.

6/09/2008 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home