Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

And now for a real blog post

I've been told that you do three things in blogs:

  1. Link to other sites that are involved in your post (here's the one that told me what you do in blogs). I do this, sort of.
  2. Post stories and pictures about your regular life. I do this!
  3. Post links to sites you think are interesting. Apparently every blogger does this but me. This must be why I don't have my own blog.

The third one seems to me like what you do if you want random people reading your blog who don't care about you personally. I think we're a "family" establishment, and our blog is mainly for family and friends. However, I liked this site, mostly because it said I have no accent:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

The list below the text is a ranking of how closely I scored to other accents. Apparently I have much more of a Western (read: non-) accent than a northeastern accent. Incidentally, I've never been to any of the places they say my accent is from except Dallas, and that only for two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home