Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What the smock?

*warning: this post is not for the easily offended!

For the past month and a half, I have been through an ordeal trying to order art smocks for our preschool. After all this time, I still have no smocks, but what I do have is a headache a mile wide (how hard is it to order 6 smocks anyway?!). I will spare you all of the truly boring details, but it has been a very frustrating experience and almost had me beat until I realized today that the word "smock" makes an excellent expletive. Not that I am one to use expletives, but it works so well, I couldn't resist. Try it, it's fun!

Some examples:
"Who the smock do you think you are?"
"What the smock is going on here?!"
"I don't give a smock."

My head is feeling better already...

3 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Those must be some smocks! I'd love to see what they look like (if you ever get them!)

10/12/2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

Has your new expletive caught on at home yet?!

10/12/2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

Well, I get a lot of laughs from Leslie when I used it yesterday. Howstuffworks.com has an article about swearing, and mentions that swearing isn't processed by the brain in the same place as language -- it's processed in the same place as emotion. Interesting, no?

10/12/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home