Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Like Father, Like Son(s)

Daniel has recently begun climbing onto our dining room chairs, wanting to be at the table like the rest of us instead of in his high chair. He also frequently finishes his dinner before we do (since I try to make sure he's fed before I eat), and wants out to wander around. If I get up to get something, he'll occasionally steal my seat now.

Leslie tells me that a couple of days ago he climbed up onto my chair and stood looking at her from it calling "daddy, daddy". It made me feel good that he wanted to imitate me and I also liked the imitation. Joshua's imitation at that age had been to sit on the computer chair and bang on the keyboard while saying "daddy, daddy". It was embarrasing to have Joshua make a reference to the amount of time I spend on a computer, where it's rewarding to have Daniel reference the amount of time I spend with the family having dinner together. Family dinner is a tradition both Leslie's and my family had and one which we intend to keep.

I'd feel much better blogging about Daniel's "daddy" imitation if it didn't involve me on the computer chair, banging on the keyboard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home