Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lucas Turns 4!

We had a great time celebrating Lucas and his birthday this year. The morning of he got to open one present.  It was a "pet dinosaur" (that's actually a piggy bank) he had picked out at the toy store with Jake a week or so before.  He had a really hard time waiting 'til his birthday to have it but did a good job being patient, so I thought it would be a special way to start out his big day. The first thing he said when he and his dinosaur were reunited were, "Oh, I missed ya!"  while giving it a big hug.  It was very cute!

The reunion:


 

Jake found this light stick at Home Depot.  It changes colors, swirls, flashes, etc.  A great gift for a 4-year old boy!




This picture melts my heart.  I know I am biased, but he is adorable.

He also got a dinosaur egg and even though I hadn't intended the two to be connected, he decided right away that his dinosaur bank was the egg's momma.  She watched over the egg faithfully the whole 2 or 3 days it took for it to hatch.  And the two have been together ever since (she doesn't seem to mind that it was a stegasauraus that hatched out...)



We bit the bullet and headed to Chuck E. Cheese's to celebrate.  Oy.  The Chuck E. Cheese's here is the worst one I've been to and Jake was right on the money (pun intended) when he said that this place is like "Vegas for kids."  But we've taken each of our kids for their birthdays at least once, and it was Lucas' turn.  The kids really did love it, so that's something, right?





Happy Birthday Lucas!  We love you so and want you to always feel you are a very important part of our family.  I am sorry you and I have been struggling a lot; I very much hope that your turning 4 (and not being 3 anymore...) will help with that.  You are such a bright ball of energy and your poor momma here just can't seem to keep up all the time.  But I will keep trying because you are mine and I always want to be there for you, no matter what stage of life you are at. Let's keep working at it together, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home