Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

How about a Thanksgiving post?

We had a great Thanksgiving this year, traveling to Idaho to spend it with Jake's side of the family. As it turned out, we were the only guests traveling in and it ended up being a really nice opportunity for quality time with Jake's aunt and uncle and grandparents.

Jake and I spent at least a couple of Thanksgivings in Idaho with his grandparents/extended family when we were engaged and first married, but there were always tons of people there and not as much time for quality interaction.  I count this trip a real blessing since I was able to talk with his grandparents more on this trip than I ever have in the past.  It was really nice.

A big point of this whole trip was to have our boys meet their Great-Grandpa Sorensen, whose name they'll be carrying on.  It had been feeling increasingly important to us and in many ways this trip seems like it was "meant to be."





We are incredibly grateful to Jake's aunt and uncle for their hospitality.  There is a warm, special feeling that permeates their home.  I know our kids felt it.  I took lots of mental notes on things they have done that I like and that seem to work well.  I hope to have such a home/family life when I reach their stage of things.  It is something to work towards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home