Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Saturday, July 07, 2012

A Very Sorensen 4th of July

As always, we had a wonderful time celebrating the 4th of July along with Daniel's birthday.  We started out the morning at the parade downtown.  Unfortunately we forgot to bring the camera so sorry no pics.  Fortunately we remembered to bring everything else, including all four boys.

As soon as we got home and got Caden down for his nap it was time for presents!  Daniel was ready to dive right in but I made him pose first (thanks Daniel!):

The anticipation was high for this one.  What could be in that really neat bag?

Dazzling swords and shields from Grandma Sorensen!



Wii and computer games were high on his birthday wishlist this year.  We got him a few he seems pretty happy with.  Joshua too.

I have to say I was quite pleased with how his cake turned out.  I didn't know it would come together so well until the very end.  And the best part was that Daniel absolutely loved it.  He asked for seconds and of course we said yes.  I think this may finally provide the healing I have needed over the trauma of Lucas' 2nd birthday cake.

After cake and ice cream it was time to head to a bbq put on by our friends.  We had a great time and the boys played their hearts out.
 

Lucas and Caden weren't able to  make it 'til it was dark enough for fireworks so sadly we had to divide and conquer.  I took them home and gave them a hasty bath.  Hasty because Caden had jumped into the water with his clothes still on (I'm not kidding).  He was so beyond tired and out of it by that point.  I got them both in bed just as people started setting off fireworks in our neighborhood but they slept through it just fine.  Kids amaze me!

Meanwhile back at the park, Jake, Joshua and Daniel all had a blast setting off fireworks with the group.  It sounded like it was a sight to behold.


They didn't get home until after 10pm and Daniel couldn't keep his eyes open by the time he climbed into bed. Tuckered out birthday boy!

 Happy Birthday, Daniel! I can't believe you're seven already! You've gone and grown up on me. I'm so proud of you and all the growing up you've done, but stay my little boy just a bit longer, won't you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy and Aaron Hendrickson said...

Wow! Your boys really are growing up! I can't believe he is 7. And the cake is great :)

7/14/2012 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home