Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Father/Son Camp out 2012

The annual father/son camp out was a week ago last week-end and I wanted to get pictures up on the blog.  I feel bad because Jake got razzed a little for bringing the camera along.  It didn't occur to me when I made him bring it that it's not a very "guy" thing to do.  It's alright, he was able to blame it on me and got bonus points for doing it for the Missus.  In any case, I really appreciate Jake's being a good sport about it and now we have some fun pictures!


 It was a memorable year, with Lucas getting to tag along for the first time.  It was a tricky spot for Jake since Lucas was probably a year younger than he "should" have been to go.  At the same time he's old enough to be very aware of what's going on and be super sad about getting left out.  So Jake made the sacrifice and brought him along.  It sounds like Lucas had an absolute blast and "only" ran off to play at the pond by himself once (oy!).

Joshua and Daniel declared they had had the time of their lives and I believe them.  They come back saying that pretty much every year.  Jake says they spent the vast majority of the time with "le cadre" and I am so thankful that there are so many boys their age to hang with.


Jake spent most of his time keeping an eye on Lucas but it sounds like he had plenty of opportunity to hang with the other dads too.  And most importantly he had time to make and pass around his specialty, cookie s'mores.

This year they got to go with the father/son duo of a family we're good friends with.  They all piled into their suburban and headed up together.  That's who's cool trailer tent that is, too.  I think the adults + Lucas slept in there and the then there was an "older kids" tent. 







Hooray for great weather over the father/son week-end 4 years running now!  Here's 'til next year!

2 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Sounds so fun, I want to be a father/son so I can go too!

Good job, Jake for the pictures.

5/24/2012 9:23 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Me too Tracy! I keep getting left out year after year ;)

5/26/2012 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home