Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DC Trip: Mount Vernon

On our last day of sight-seeing we decided to head to Mount Vernon. It was a decision between Mount Vernon and Harper's Ferry. Mount Vernon won out due to its greater historic and educational value, but I think I will always be a little sad that we missed out on the beautiful hike at Harper's Ferry to the confluence of the two rivers that caused Thomas Jefferson to remark, "The passage of the Patomac through the Blue Ridge is perhaps one of the most stupendous scenes in Nature" (Thomas Jefferson, 1783). Someday, perhaps?

Anyway, here are Joshua and I. As you can see the weather finally warmed up significantly on our last couple of days:

I love this shot:

In front of George and Martha's remains:

One of Washington's vehicles (I'm not sure why Joshua is so washed out in these pictures; sorry!):

A former slave cabin on the premises:

And some shots of the Potomoc. I'm sure it's even more beautiful when all the leaves are back a little later in the spring:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy and Aaron Hendrickson said...

I've been reading through some of your past posts. I love all the pictures and comments!

6/22/2010 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home