Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Friday, April 30, 2010

DC Trip: Gettysburg

I'm glad we decided to take an afternoon and drive back up to Gettysburg (we had driven past on our way down through PA). It was historical and interesting and we were able to enjoy it in a laid back sort of way. We stopped the newly built museum/gift shop first, which I think is worth taking a look at if you're ever there.

Is it just me, or do 3 out of the 4 look a little too happy to be standing in front of a display of Civil War era guns? Especially Lucas -- check out that grin:



And here it is -- my favorite picture of the whole trip in its original order. I've decided re-title it (thanks Tracy for the inspiration!)
Daniel and Honest Abe:

We took the driving tour of the battlefield itself which was perfect for us. The kids watched a movie in the car while Jake and I hopped out and took a closer look at things that struck our fancy, like this cannon:

The scenery really was quite pretty. I rather enjoyed rural Pennsylvania

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

Forget the happy faces - it's the one that is next to the guns and definitely NOT happy I'd worry about.

4/30/2010 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home