Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

We're Back!

I realize some of you may not have even realized we were gone since I never mentioned it on here -- sorry! But yes, we are back from our big trip to Washington DC! The main reason for this trip was to visit my sister Tracy and her family who are living out there now and also to see my brother Ben and his family who are not too far from there at Penn State. We of course wanted to see lots of historical sites while there and managed to squeeze quite a few in. We got to see quite a bit of Pennsylvania, northern Virginia and even rural Maryland while visiting some good friends of ours from UC San Diego who finished up grad school and moved out there about the same time we moved to Portland (has it been a year and a half already?!).

Anyway, here is the quick list of the things we got to see and do (that I can remember at the moment anyway): Gettysburg, Mount Vernon, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam, Korean and WWII War Memorials, Smithsonian Natural History Museum, National Air and Space Museum, Library of Congress, The Capitol Building and White House...oh I know there is stuff I am forgetting. We did so much that there's no way I'll be able to blog about it all. Rest assured I will be posting what I can over the next little while because I definitely want a record for our family to be able to look back on and remember our very special trip. It was awesome to get to spend that time with family whom we dearly wish we could see so much more often.

Here is a little something to tide you over since, let's be honest, it will be a while before I get around to posting it all. This picture just might be my favorite from the whole trip:

Gettysburg, Daniel-style

3 Comments:

Blogger Linn said...

That picture is the best!

4/07/2010 1:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Glad to hear you had a great time seeing all of the sights! I miss D.C...wish my parents still lived there...

4/07/2010 8:49 PM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

I am so glad you came! It was a lot of fun to see you and meet the kids again. I love that picture of Daniel and Honest Abe.

4/08/2010 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home