Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Loved this movie

Jake took me to see this last night and it was really really good. I liked it a lot. I am not typically one for chick flicks, but this was just a really neat story that was very well adapted for the screen and the acting was great. Jake read the book last fall on the recommendation of a co-worker who has similar taste in books. He didn't like it that much, so I didn't give it much thought at the time. But then a few weeks ago I saw a trailer that piqued my interest and at the end I was really surprised to see the same title of the book Jake had read, since Jake told me the author (Audrey Niffenegger) had sworn her book would never be made into a movie. So much for that -- I'm really glad she went back on her word and I think I'll probably read the book now! Anyway, we had a great time and it was awesome to see this with the one I love. Oh yes, and I should mention that it will probably make you cry. Hard. Like pretty much everyone in the theater (there were seriously several people openly sobbing). The trailer might make you cry too (cheesy "love" music aside). So after all that crying here's a review that might lighten things up a bit. It is by Eric D. Snider, after all :).

3 Comments:

Blogger denebug said...

I liked the book, but because of the sex scenes, won't recommend it for a RS book group. I get annoyed by books that make me cry, which this one did with the well drawn pain of miscarriage and death and uncertainty. I really hate movies that make me cry, so I haven't decided whether or not to see this. I probably wait until I can check it out of the library.

8/22/2009 5:08 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

That sounds like a good plan Rachel! Maybe wait on it a bit and see how you're feeling (as in "do I feel like crying today?" But really, I think it is so worth it!). Jake agrees that the book has lots (and lots and lots) of sex, but there's not nearly so much in the movie. There is a strong scene that I really didn't appreciate, though (did we really need to see Rachael McAdam's tush like that?!)and I'm pretty sure that's where the PG-13 rating came from.

8/23/2009 1:19 AM  
Anonymous Jean Ybanez said...

Didn't like that book at all. Maybe I'll try the movie though if you liked it that much. Guess who just found me on facebook? Anitra Dominguez. She says hi.

8/27/2009 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home