Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kinder Graduation

Today was Joshua's Kindergarten Graduation and it was a special time for our family and for all the kinders. I have to admit I am having a bit of a hard time though, as this is a milestone that really highlights for me how fast Joshua is growing up. I'd better watch out because if I feel this way when my oldest graduates from kindergarten I can only imagine what it will be like when it's my youngest's turn, good grief! I was telling my Mom about it and she said "It's hard to see your little kids grow up." She would know, as she went through it six times and I appreciated her understanding.

Hard time aside, it actually feels pretty good to have this under my belt -- a child who has made it through his first year of formal education! I definitely feel like more of a seasoned mom and I like that. Jake is really the one who kept it all going once Lucas was born, getting Joshua off to the school bus each morning and volunteering in the classroom every other week. What a guy! We all appreciate his efforts and enjoyed our classroom connection through him.

The happy grad -- we're so proud!

Joshua with his wonderful teacher, Ms. Hric

I like this family shot -- I think it's our first of all 5 of us!

3 Comments:

Blogger Linn said...

Congratulations Joshua! Such a sweet post and a darling family picture. We miss you guys!

6/18/2009 3:49 AM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

Way to go! I can't believe how fast he has grown. What a cute ceremony and great pictures.

6/18/2009 5:56 PM  
Blogger lucy said...

I love the family shot as well. Three boys....good times!

6/22/2009 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home