Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

It is difficult for me to put in words what a wonderful father Jake is to our children without sounding overly effuse and thereby watering down my sentiments. I will try to say just a few simple things; this morning I told Joshua and Daniel (Lucas was napping, but it includes him too!) that they are so lucky to have Jake as their dad and I meant it with all my heart. I, too, count myself a very lucky mother to have him as my partner in parenting. It blesses our family so much to have a father who is so involved with, attentive to and interested in our children. We love you Jake -- you're the best!

Here's the man himself and the lucky boys!


He had just opened the Transformer's Father's Day card the boys thought would be so cool for him. The front sports a picture of Optimus Prime and when you open it up you hear his voice say, "There is greatness in you. You are a strong leader and a great hero. The universe needs more fathers like you. Happy Father's Day!" I'm pretty sure they got the actual voice talent of Prime, too -- what a treat!

I would feel remiss if I did not send out a 'Happy Father's Day!' to Ron and Nick, too. Thank you for all the hard work you put in as our fathers and thank you for the Grandpas you are to our kids! They love you lots and wish they could be with you more often. I do, too!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

I am so glad Jake got the Transformers Card. I saw it at the store and thought it was hilarious. Happy Father's Day!

6/22/2009 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home