Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Friday, September 05, 2008

First day of Kindergarten!

Joshua started kindergarten yesterday and I of course want to document this historical event happening in our family. He is attending a wonderful school along with the many other children in our neighborhood. So far he loves it and I don't blame him. His teacher is great and she puts a lot of effort into making school fun for the kids and helping them feel comfortable.



We drove him to school for his first day, hoping it would help ease the transition (for all of us). Turns out it was totally unnecessary as we were all fine. No tears from me and Joshua dove right into the puzzle the teacher had set out on his desk.

The pick up was a little trickier since he was taking the *bus home. I hadn't even known the bus was an option for us until the day before and had been frantically trying to make bus arrangements during the previous 24 hours. I was so nervous that he wouldn't be on the bus and that I would have to rush to the school to pick him up late. I was also nervous that I wasn't waiting at the right stop, etc. etc. What an utter relief to see Joshua's sweet little face through the window as the bus pulled up to our corner. His face lit up when he saw Daniel and I waiting for him and he couldn't wait to tell us all about his morning at school. This has got to be one of my favorite memories as a mom so far!


*Just as a quick aside, this school bus is going to make my life so much easier! The stop is a mere four houses up our street and it is such a relief to know that I won't have to cart Daniel and (in January) our baby back and forth from the school each day. I have to say that I am shocked that our tax dollars are still being used to support the school bus system -- something I thought had been on the chopping block long ago. Anyway, hooray for a great use of tax dollars!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

He looks like a brave champion coming off of the bus!
I am glad that the bus is working out well for you... they sure make things a lot easier.

9/05/2008 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home