Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Monday, November 05, 2012

Disneyland Trip - On the Way Down...

Our Disneyland trip was just about perfect. We feel so blessed that we were able to take such a great vacation. One of the things that was so great about it was getting to see so much of our family all throughout the trip.

We started out on the very high note of getting to spend a day and a couple of nights with my parents. They live about 2/3 of the drive down to Anaheim and it broke up the trip quite nicely. We got to spend a perfect fall Saturday all together that we will always remember.

My mom found all of these great Legos and had them out for our boys to play with. Here's the littlest customer checking things out.  The real Lego fans ended up spending most of their time browsing my mom's extensive comic strip collection (The Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, etc.)


Meanwhile, Lucas spent his time out in the backyard.  So much to do out there!



My dad gave the kids rides all over the lawn in a milk carton like his grandpa used to do for him.  It was so much fun -- they loved it!


 


Lucas decided afterward that he wanted to give some rocks a ride.  Pretty cute!

Here are my mom's pictures.  I like them better.  She got a great action shot!

My mom and I visited the neighborhood Raley's which was in the process of closing down after 32 years.  Here I am standing next to the poster where people could leave thoughts and well-wishes.  It's really sad, I grew up with this store and my parents have always had it close by.  I'm glad I got to go there one last time.  It will be re-opening in a few weeks as a new "bargain" store and I hope it will serve them well.  But it just won't be the same, sniff sniff!

Among other things, we also got to go feed the ducks and my dad got this nice group shot.  Like I said, it was such a great day!  We did a lot, but it was still relaxing and just great to be together.  Thank you so much for the wonderful visit, Mom and Dad!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Sounds like a fantastic visit!
(my kids are totally absorbed by the comic books, too)

11/14/2012 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home