Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Monday, September 03, 2012

Cannon Beach Day 2

*If you're just joining in, you may want to scroll down a few posts to view things in chronological order (Cannon Beach Trip!, Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach Day 2).  Yes I'm a bit ocd this way.

We got some great beach time in our second day. The morning was very clear -- no fog in sight!  I fell in love with Cannon Beach and know we'll be coming back often.  Not only was it incredibly beautiful but it also held a very comfortable and familiar feeling for me.  I'm not sure why, it just did.

I hate to say it but I pretty much compare every beach to La Jolla Shores, our local beach we went to all the time when we lived in San Diego.  It is the gold standard of beaches for me and I'm happy to report Cannon Beach stacked up very favorably.  I'm so glad!

Caden played so earnestly in the sand pretty much the whole time:


I thought this was a good shot of Haystack Rock since the morning was nice and clear.  Thar she blows!



I like this shot of Jake and Joshua working with Haystack in the background:





Love Daniel's use of feather!

Joshua would have kept playing out there in the waves all day if we could have stayed that long.  Don't worry Josh -- we'll be back!


Love this one.  He's so happy!

The waves tickling Caden's toes.  His little feet kept getting buried in the sand as the waves moved out and he'd be stuck 'til Jake "rescued" him.

Here's a shot of the coastal range...

...and looking on south down Cannon Beach...

...it is seriously so beautiful here!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Love, love, love the pictures. It looks like a fabulous time!

9/04/2012 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home