Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to School!

School started for us last week on Wednesday and we are off to such a great start!  I had been feeling kind of stressed and unsettled the week or so before, but once the boys came home that very first day my fears were put to rest.  They were both SO happy and enthusiastic about the school year and it completely rubbed off on me.  I've been feeling optimistic and have had just a really good feeling about this school year ever since.  Daniel even came home that first day saying, "Second grade is awesome!"

Lucas started preschool this year and although it was an agonizing decision for me, we're doing a co-op with a group of 4 other moms (5 kids total).  It's pretty much the same scenario as with the older two; I was feeling stressed and unsettled beforehand, but once the co-op actually started, a really good feeling settled in and I've been feeling so optimistic ever since.  It's just a great group of moms and we're all dedicated to making sure the kids have a great experience.  And Luacs is so just darn happy and excited about it all, it's great to see!

 And I didn't want to leave Caden out of this post, even though he's not starting school of any kind this year.  After he and I dropped Lucas off for preschool yesterday morning, we headed to the doctor's office for his 18-month check up.  He's doing great and we had a really nice visit with his pediatrician.  He was pretty sad about the three shots he got at the end, though.  Seeing big, fat tears rolling down those cheeks coupled with his feelings of betrayal was hard for me, but I handled it like the seasoned momma that I am (lots of cuddling, sympathy and reassurance with a distraction thrown in at the right time).  He is such a sweetie and it was nice to only have one child with me at the pediatrician's office.  I really did like getting to focus all my attention on him.

And we couldn't end our amazing summer without one last hurrah.  So the day before school started (Tuesday) we made the obvious choice and met Jake at Round Table for the lunch buffet.   We had a super fun time and of course Daniel came home with an obscene number of gumballs.  I shudder to think that the entire stash had disappeared by that night...!!!  Should have kept a closer eye on that one!  Oh well, I hope he enjoyed himself and felt like he was really getting away with something ;)


3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Especially loved the pictures. Lucas going off to (pre-) school? Wow. I don't remember second grade being awesome, but then again, I had Miss Maag. The only awesome thing about her (she was grumpy) was her pink Thunderbird.

9/21/2012 9:07 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

And Jayne says...
What a fabulous treat to come home to after a hard late week, loved hearing about the start of school adventures. Joshua, Daniel, Lucas - you look so cool, ready to go and smiling! And Caden - how can you look so cute and so big already?
Thank you Leslie, and thank you Jake for sharing such wonderful times - violins in the park, the great beach exploration, and the start of school. You guys are just full of awesome adventuring (my favorite activity). Love you!!!

9/21/2012 10:21 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Thanks so much Nick & Jayne! Always great to hear from you! Mrs. Maag sounds terrible. I can tell just from her name. Fortunately Daniel has Mrs. Fowler and Mrs. Drake, both delightful ladies!

9/24/2012 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home