Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baptism Day

The main event of our trip was Joshua's baptism on Saturday July 31st, 2011. Joshua turned 8 back in March but I had just had Caden and wasn't up to putting on a baptism so soon after delivery (I know my limits). Jake and I had already been planning a trip down to California for the summer and we knew that if we held off for just a bit longer we would be able to share the baptism with our families. I'm so glad we did. It was a really special day and we ended up being able to do a double baptism with Joshua's cousin Esther.

The baptism took place at a special location for us, on the grounds of the Oakland Temple at the Interstake Center. This is where Jake went to church growing up but he didn't get to be baptized in the baptistry there since it was under renovations when he turned 8 years old. He felt it was meaningful for him to be able to baptize Joshua there.


We are so thankful for all the family members who were able to be there, I believe 34 of us in all. It meant so much to us to be able to share it with everyone and I had a really sweet feeling with me all that day. We had planned and prepared for this event for so long and it really was a dream come true that we pulled it off and made it all work and got our oldest son baptized!

About the pictures...I'll just let you figure out what was going on and we didn't get the large group shot because the person with all the cameras put ours in her pocket and forgot about it!



What's not to love about this one :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Linn said...

Wow, I can't believe Joshua is already eight! What a special day and how wonderful to be able to share it with family.

9/01/2011 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home