Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yo ho ho!

The boys' Halloween costumes arrived today and I pretended for a minute or two that I could hold off until the actual holiday to show them, but who was I kidding? I'm sure I'll post plenty of pictures from the Halloween events we'll be attending, but here's a preview!





Joshua told me a while ago that he wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. Daniel had talked about wanting to be a ghost, which I would have honored, but I ended up finding a really cute Buccaneer costume in his size and asked him what he thought (I really liked the idea of them both being pirates). He was really jazzed about it, so we went for it!

The boys didn't want to take the costumes off for bedtime and Joshua mentioned in his bedtime prayer something along the lines of "please bless that we can play pirates again tomorrow."



The last several installments of Grandma's Book Club have included pirate-themed books (thanks Mom!) and I am sure this contributed to their costume decision for Halloween '07. Fuel to the fire and all. These are books that I absolutely loved as a child and what memories they bring back! Especially Look Out For Pirates! and Goofy and the Pirate Treasure. I can tell they are sparking the kids' imaginations the way they did mine at their age.



Talk about timing for this post -- my Dad told me that today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

So when is International Smell Like a Pirate Day? AAARGH, Matey!

9/21/2007 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home