Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Monday, September 17, 2007

oh so Wicked!


Some friends and I had a Mom's Night Out on Saturday and had a fabulous time! I should mention that Emily, Isa, Ruth and I all have wonderful husbands who were more than happy to have the kids to give us a chance to go out. Thanks guys!

We started out in Venice Beach and had Italian at a great place called C&O Trattoria. I had what just may be the best Italian dish I have ever had -- Penne Sausage (sweet Italian sausage, roasted red pepper, smoked mozzarella, cream and parmigiano). The flavor was amazing -- I may need to go back some time just to have it again!


For the main event we headed over to Hollywood to see Wicked! The Pantages Theater is beautiful and I really felt transported to another place and time. The production was absolutely amazing! I had been hearing so many great things about Wicked and wanted to find out for myself what all the fuss was about. It was so justified. If you at all like musicals, this is a must-see. Of course me being Leslie, I had some issues/questions with the storyline, but the performances were PHENOMENAL, so all is forgiven. I cannot over-emphasize how amazing Eden Espinosa was as Elphaba. She was just so powerful and endearing and made my heart melt for the Wicked Witch of the West. It was truly a pleasure to witness such talent.

It was a long drive home, but so fun to analyze the play and just have great conversation. Good times!

2 Comments:

Blogger Isa said...

I had the best time!!! I will be sending pics of all of us soon. It was Wicked!!!

9/18/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger A | E said...

My good friend from Elementary school is in Wicked, I hope you enjoyed his performance! Eric Stretch.

9/21/2007 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home