Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Diary of John and Molly's Visit -- Padres Game!

Greetings from Petco Park!


My brother John is the biggest baseball fan that I, personally, know. It meant a lot to me to get to attend a Padres game with him and his family while they were visiting us. It's just a whole different ballgame (pun intended) when you're there with a true fan.



His team is the Giants, and of course one of the first things we asked him was if he had been at the game the prior week where Barry Bonds broke the record and became the all-time highest home run hitter. John hadn't been at that game, but he had tickets for the next night, and Mr. Bonds hit another home run during that game. I thought that was a very decent thing to do for the fans.


The best part about Petco Park is, in my opinion, the bleacher section. It is the perfect set up for families with kids and we did in fact last all 9 innings! As you can see in the above pictures, it is all grass between the seats. We let the kids run around all they wanted without having to worry about them falling off and getting hurt, as they might on traditional bleachers. And it gets even better! There is a huge sand pit where the kids can dig and play and be happy while the parents get to watch the game. I thought we got a great view, too.





It ended up not being the Padres night, but let me mention one more time that we lasted all 9 innings!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Wow! I've never seen a play area at a major league game! I'll bet that makes it a thousand times more enjoyable.

8/21/2007 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home