Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Diary of John and Molly's Visit -- "Who's Uncle Jake?"

Sadly, all good things come to an end. After our fun-filled week it was time for the boys and I to drop John, Molly, Sara and Emily off at the airport. During the drive there, we ended up having a little discussion with the kids about how John is my brother and I am John's sister. I explained to my boys that this meant John was their uncle, but that he is also Emily and Sara's daddy. Molly then explained the same thing to her girls, about how Uncle Jake was Joshua and Daniel's daddy. Joshua was listening and asked uneasily, "Who's Uncle Jake?" We again explained the concept and Joshua decided, "I don't want him to be Uncle Jake. I just want him to be daddy."

2 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

It sounds like a really fun time. I wish we could get together more often too.

8/21/2007 3:59 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

"Uncle Jake"--More than a hundred years ago, the original Jake (current Jake's great-great grandfather) went on a mission to the Northwestern States not long after his youngest son Claude was born. When he came back to Cache Valley, Claude didn't recognize him and kept asking his mother, "When's Uncle Jake going to leave?"

8/23/2007 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home