Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Cool Dude!


Daniel had been envious of Joshua's flip-flops so I told him we would get him his own pair when we made our annual "get ready for summer" trip to Old Navy (I say annual because this is the second year in a row that we've done it, so it counts!). Daniel is now the proud owner of his own pair of flip-flops and as I was putting them on him for the first time he declared, "I cool dude!"

He happily wears them any chance he gets, including on our trip to the water park. We had a bit of a "scare" when one of the flip-flops came off while he was playing in the river and was quickly carried downstream. I thought it was a goner for sure, as the grating at the end of the river was definitely wide enough to let a child-sized flip-flop through. Joshua happened to be playing by the grating though and rescued it before it could be lost forever. Flip-flop and owner were happily reunited and Joshua felt good about having the chance to be a hero to his little brother (and to his mother who didn't want to have to go back to the store to buy another pair!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home