Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A "Close Call" for Joshua

The boys and I went to park group today (a group of moms from church and community who get together each week at one of the fabulous parks in the area) and we had to park our car a ways away from the playground. We were walking across the grassy field to get to the play area, and Joshua had gotten ahead of Daniel and me. I noticed that a park maintenance vehicle had been at the playground and was now slowly making its way toward us on the walking path that cut through the grass. Joshua was still on the grass but as the truck got closer to passing him, I called out for him to stay right where he was until the truck passed by. Now, this was by no means a dangerous situation. The truck's driver and I had an understanding that he could see Joshua off to the side (and he wasn't even that close), the driver was going extremely slow, and Joshua was doing a great job of standing still while the truck drove past.

After the truck finally passed, instead of continuing on to the playground like I thought he would, Joshua bounded toward me shouting excitedly, "Mommy, Mommy, I didn't die! I stayed alive!" and he was truly happy about it. Such enthusiasm for life -- in this case, literally! I thought it was funny, and for anyone who knows Joshua well at all, I'm sure you can picture him saying this.

And here's a picture of him from the archives that is a current favorite of mine, just to spice up this post a little!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home