Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We have a leftie!

So I am almost positive that Daniel is left-handed. I've been very suspicious all along, but the other day I witnessed all the evidence that I need. Daniel wanted to draw, so I set him up with a piece of paper and handed him a pen. I was on his right side and so he grabbed the pen with his right hand, but just kind of stared at it for a few seconds. He made a rather awkward attempt to draw with it, but in that moment I knew that I was looking at someone who was writing with the wrong hand. He knew it too and switched the pen over to his left hand and immediately began drawing comfortably and contentedly. It just looked right.

I have to say that I am excited about this. I have always enjoyed the left-handed aspect of Jake's personality (whom Daniel is undoubtedly taking after) and I expect the same will be true of Daniel. Those of you who know and love a leftie may know what I'm talking about. Jake refers to left-handed people as the unrecognized minority, with society completely catering to right-handed people and expecting left-handed people to adapt. But hopefully Jake can now take comfort in the fact that if not society, our household at least, will be equal in that regard.

So I've been dying to mention this, but guess who else is left-handed? That's right! Daniel's Uncle John! Ha ha! I think this just about seals the deal on the issue Daniel's Johnness. Admittedly, though, Daniel will also have to become a die-hard Giants fan for his Johnness to be complete.

2 Comments:

Blogger A | E said...

Great news! Adam, me, and Mom are the only reighties in my family. Dad, Ian, Aunt Sandy, and Grandma are all lefties!

2/13/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger TracyS. said...

I am really impressed that he likes to draw!

2/14/2007 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home