Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Friday, February 09, 2007

My first batch of flour!

Maybe I'm the only one to get excited over this, but my grain mill arrived and I got to play around with it today. I ground wheat for its maiden voyage, but I look forward to experimenting with other grains. I made breadsticks with my freshly milled flour to go with our dinner tonight, but they didn't rise enough to be proud of or else I would have posted a picture of those too. They still tasted good and the boys really liked them, so that's what counts!


The hopper extension can be stored in the flour bin when not in use so it's not quite so tall.


This batch was mildly coarse as you can probably see, but I'll play around with the texture control more next time. Supposedly it can mill it as fine as pastry flour.

So far, so good!

1 Comments:

Blogger TracyS. said...

Yay!I hope it brings you many years of nutritious, great tasting flour.

2/14/2007 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home