Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

I Miss My Blog!

I used to love maintaining my blog a lot.  I was scrolling through old posts, reminiscing and feeling very nostalgic.  I'm really glad I took the time to post then so I can enjoy those memories now.  I seem to have painted a fairly sunny picture, which surprised me a little.  I think I didn't let on how stressed, etc. I chronically seemed to feel.  Time seems to have wrapped a warm, fuzzy blanket around my memories, especially of young(er) children and family times.

That's a good thing.  I know we were happy, but raising young children is hard.  That's why I don't like it when older women tell me "Just enjoy it when they're little, it goes so fast!" Or worse, "You don't know how easy you have it now, it only gets harder!"  I will never, ever say things like that to younger women (we/they need encouragement, people!)  Especially since from my experience, it gets better in lots of ways.  Granted, I don't have teen-agers yet, but I refuse to fear and tremble the way I'm warned I should.  

We're doing well now but as is always the case we are busy, etc. especially as we have added more (and more!) children to our family.  I don't think I'm chronically stressed/overwhelmed the way I used to be; along about baby #4 I (finally) got my sea legs as a mom under me.

But I think what happened as far as this blog is concerned is sometime last fall I just got behind with all the busyness of school starting etc. And then I got really behind and then I got overwhelmed with the thought of feeling like I needed to catch up and I just (reluctantly) let blogging go.  It's sad because I missed posting about our fun Halloween, our special Thanksgiving that we spent in the Bay Area, Christmas,  Lucas' birthday and our March Madness Birthday Marathon, among other things.  Oh yes, and a beautiful, amazing double rainbow that we were blessed with sometime in October or November.  I may still post pictures of that...

Ah well, enough of my rambling.  Here are a few of the more recent pictures from my phone.  They're random, but they're something.

Lucas and I have just enough time to stop by the library on Tuesdays after I volunteer in his kindergarten classroom, but before we need to pick up Caden from preschool.  He loves having his picture taken inside this 'p' for some reason.  When I showed this to Jake he said, "He had me take his picture inside that 'p' too!"

I decorated Daniel's classroom door for Teacher Appreciation Week (a parent volunteer from each class did all the teacher's doors).  I think it turned out pretty well :)  One of Daniel's classmates, who is also our friend and neighbor, was the inspiration for the theme:

Sometime over the spring Caden became kind of infatuated with this tree while waiting for Lucas (and our good friend Liam!) to come home on the kindergarten bus each day.  He thought it was interesting that the tree needed to be held up with "braces."  He requested his picture be taken with it on several occasions.  Here are two pictures, each taken a few weeks apart:



 As you can see, we've been enjoying a beautiful spring!  And just one last comment -- it's so funny to me the random things my kids want their picture taken with; Lucas and the 'p,' Caden and the tree...good times!


3 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

We've sure been busy -- you didn't even mention all the stuff Joshua did in March and April when he was turning 12!

6/03/2015 10:52 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You're so right - Joshua's 12th birthday took March Madness to a whole new level for us this year! But there's a lot of things I didn't mention because it probably would have stressed me out to think about it all and I was just telling everyone about how I'm *less* stressed overall than I used to be ;) I think what's happened is my capacity has (mercifully) increased along with the # of kids...at least since #4.

6/03/2015 11:12 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Blogging became really hard for me for awhile, too, so I gave myself permission to just cover what I could and wanted to and skip the rest. No trying to catch up if I didn't feel like it. Then, last summer, I decided I wanted to make it a priority again. Not that I had to, but I really felt like writing stuff down again and so I usually get to it at least every Sunday, some weeks a lot more. It does take up so much time, but like you said, it is so fun to look back at and reminisce. And we still don't live near any family, so I like that it is a way I can keep everyone up to date, if they want to be, with our kids.

I totally agree with you about all the kids stuff/parenting/busy-ness. It's crazy and with the littles, it was really, really rough. Still is many days. I try to mention enough of that in the blog that the kids will know how hard it was ;)

6/04/2015 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home