Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Very Festive!

We got our Christmas tree and other decorations up and things are feeling very festive around here! We aren't going anywhere for Christmas this year, for the first time ever. We'll be home the whole Christmas season, and I want to be able to enjoy the tree and decorations as much as possible. In years past it has typically not been worth it to me to put up the Christmas tree or decorations because I knew we would only get to enjoy them for a very short time before leaving to visit family for the holidays. And I knew I would not be in the mood to take down the tree and other decorations once we got back, sometime after after New Years. This year however, it is definitely worth it, especially since Thanksgiving was a week earlier than usual.

The boys were very excited about the whole affair. Joshua and I set up the tree and put the lights on while Daniel napped. When Daniel woke up from his nap I told him that I had a surprise for him to see out front. I wish I could have captured his reaction -- he was way excited to see the tree set up and he and Joshua got to work hanging the ornaments. They did a fantastic job, decorating, of course, only the lower half of the tree in bunches and clusters -- so cute! They love to play with the ornaments, collecting them, rearranging them, etc. and they are perfectly allowed, as long as they are "nice" to them.


I've created an iTunes Christmas playlist comprised of all our Christmas music we've accumulated over the years. It turns out we have a lot more than I thought, and it has been great! It definitely contributes to the festive ambiance in our home and it especially helps to focus our minds on the Savior, the whole reason that we are celebrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home