Times and Sorensens

Connect with the Sorensens!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Fabulously Ridiculous

It is ridiculous how much candy we have acquired over this Halloween season. I still can't believe how many Halloween activities there have been for us to participate in, even after at least a couple of them were canceled due to the fires (pumpkin patch with a group of friends from preschool and a playgroup Halloween party). Why didn't all this go on when I was a kid?

On Tuesday, we enjoyed what I think is my favorite Halloween tradition around here -- spooky story time and tick-or-treating at the library. It is seriously so much fun, and the librarians make it special. The boys got to decorate trick-or-treat bags and then go around to different stations all around the library, collecting relatively healthy snacks and my very favorite -- books! Free books! And we got some good ones this year.


When it was finally (the actual) Halloween I got to take Joshua and Daniel trick-or-treating on campus! Joshua's preschool was invited to Halloween activities and trick-or-treating around some of the residence halls. I forgot my camera for that one, so sorry no pictures. It's too bad because there was a student dressed as a pirate who wanted a picture with the "little pirates."

I was a little worried that the boys would be all Halloweened out when it came time for the real thing, but my concerns were assuaged by these smiles: Jake took them around our complex in their "pirate ship" (wagon) while I stayed home to hand out candy. Kids liked my witch costume, so that was fun, and it was great to see lots of our friends and neighbors. The boys ended up out-enduring Jake and would have kept going, but by 8pm or so Jake was bushed and called it a night. The boys could hardly complain, given that their pumpkins were just about chock full of loot.

I got to have a bit of Halloween fun of my own, vampire style: a get-together with friends for "Dinner and Twilight" (well, and New Moon and Eclipse too!). It was a really fun group and we enjoyed great conversation and great food - chicken mango quesadillas, yum!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're reading the Twilight series too? I just recently discovered it, and have really been enjoying it. The next book can't come out quick enough for me.

- Cami

11/09/2007 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home